Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother's Day Eve

Wow, what a busy day! This morning the boys and R left before 9 AM to go to the store and to a picture appointment. That is really good moving for a Saturday morning! I was at the church at 9:30 AM for an outreach event where we go to homes in our ever-growing community and simply introduce ourselves and invite our neighbors to church. We had a good number here today and we covered a lot of ground (literally and figuratively). We pray that the Lord of heaven and earth will in His grace and benevolence work in the hearts of those we have visited and draw them into His house. I thankful for all of the faithful, hardworkers that fill the roll of our church.
Afterwards we set out for a trip to see our Moms. We stopped at our friends' home/farm and picked up some strawberrries and visited with these wonderful people. Friends are truly a gift from God, and we cherish them. On to see my Mom in Lynchburg first, and we had a wonderful visit with her, my sister, my neice and my dad as well. I love to see our children enjoying themselves with their grandparents and cousins and aunts and uncles. Afterwards we went to Sycamore to see R's mom and family, and again we had a wonderful visit -- only they were all too short.
Tomorrow is Mother's Day and I hope all mothers will feel loved, appreciated and honored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home