Thursday, March 12, 2009

Always the Same

Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever."

I have a funeral message to preach tomorrow for a lady who perished in an automobile fire. She was a mother and a sister and a friend to many. To her daughter, to her sisters and brother, and to her friends -- their lives changed when they received a phone call.

Our lives can change in an instant.

Is there anywhere to go in this world full of change, full of disruptions and uncertainty? When the change comes to our lives (and it will, when we least expect it) where will we be standing? On anything solid? Will we be overcome with the change and sink into the mire of despair and hopelessness?

What can be offered to this family tomorrow afternoon?

We find that it is not really a "what" that may be offered, but a "Who" that will be proclaimed. It is the Almighty God of the universe Who is our refuge, our rock, our hope, our security.

Tomorrow afternoon I will share with this family the truth from God's Word - not mere man's opinion or kind, sympathetic words - no, but the truth, the eternal truth from God.

"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and and my fortress; my God, in Him I will trust.'" -- Psalm 91

"When darkness seems to hide His face, I rest on His unchanging grace. In every high and stormy gale, my Anchor holds within the vale. On Christ the Solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand. All other ground is sinking sand."

Rejoice, Christian, that we can proclaim an unchanging Savior and God. To Him be all glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home