Monday, May 15, 2006

Come Monday, It'll Be Alright

Monday -- not always the best day for a preacher. I once heard a fellow-pastor say that he quit his job 52 times last year -- every Monday morning. No, I'm not ready to quit today, in fact I am thankful for what the Lord is doing in the lives of so many. I am simply astounded that He would allow me to have a part in what He is accomplishing. I certainly am not worthy, and am quite humbled. My prayer is that all of us would be aware of God's continuing activity all around us and join in what He is doing. As things come up in the church, I pray that dissension will not reign, but that all of us will remember what it is exactly Christ, our Lord, has called us to focus on -- 1 Peter 2:9, and Matthew 28:18-20 (of course).
I hope that all mothers, everywhere, had a great day yesterday and felt honored and appreciated and loved.
This morning R and Z and myself went to Lifeway in GSO and purchased some gifts for all of the graduating seniors from the church -- copies of Oswald Chambers' classic "My Utmost for His Highest." Not only is this a great book that will alter the way we live, it is also our church's slogan for the year -- "Our Utmost for His Highest." I hope thegraduates will read it, if not now at least when they're older.
Yesterday afternoon was extremely stormy -- with hail, even, and tornado watches and warnings. Very unstable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home