Friday, November 21, 2008

I Stand Amazed

The hymn writer says that he stands amazed in the presence of Jesus the Nazarene and wonders how He could love him -- a sinner, condemned and unclean. These are great words. But I wonder if we could even "stand" in His presence?
In reading recently about how Jesus told Peter to throw out his nets for a catch, and the nets filled up to bursting, all Peter could do was fall to his knees in the presence of the Son of God, saying "depart from me, for I am a sinful man."
All who have been saved must wonder at the grace we read about in Romans 5:8 -- "But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

When we think about that - His gift of salvation - I am confronted with the question that Psalmist asked in 116:12 -- "How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me?"

Perhaps I will desire God above all else. That I will hunger and thirst after righteousness. That I will seek to do His will. That I will take up my cross and follow after Him. That I will walk as Jesus walked. That I will be able to say with Paul the Apostle, "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home