Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trust In The Lord

I think a person's maturity as a Christian is tied to their obedience. If a person says that they are a follower of Jesus Christ and do not do what He says do, then how can we call that person a "follower"? Jesus Himself asked the question, "Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord' and do not do what I say?"

The Lord God calls us to trust Him. Without faith it is impossible to please Him. We are called to walk by faith, believing Him, trusting Him, obeying Him, following Him wherever He may lead. I show my immaturity and disobedience when I choose to ignore His ways, to not trust Him and go my own way and serve my flesh instead of yielding to the Holy Spirit.

For instance, if I have a problem in my life, a struggle with someone who is doing the wrong thing and it is affecting me . . . what should I do?

God's Word tells me what to do --

Fret not yourself because of evildoers; do not be envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and whither like the green herb.
Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness.
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will act.
He will bring forth your righteousness as the light, and your justice as the noonday.
Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices!
Refrain from anger and forsake wrath!
-- Psalm 37

Will I trust Him? Will I yield to Him?
Lord, help me, I pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home