Sunday, July 12, 2009

Get Out

I am still processing what a guy told me at church this morning. I had made a comment in the sermon about looking at the lives of those in Foxe's Book of Martyrs, and then listen to ourselves complain about it being too hot and uncomfortable in the Sanctuary.

After church this guy said to me -- what you ought to do is one morning turn the air up to about 90 degrees, then tell everyone at 11:00, "you know, it is too hot in here for church today. Let us go outside, door-to-door, to our neighbors right up and down this road and share the message of Jesus with them."

I wonder how many excuses we would hear?

I wonder why I wouldn't do that to begin with?

"Go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature." Isn't this what He said?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home