Tuesday, December 21, 2010

See The Glory of God

I think for 2011 I will adopt a verse of Scripture that will be my "life verse" for the year (and really why not for all of life - every year?)

John 11:40 -- Jesus saith unto her, "Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?"
I know (Heb 11:6) that without faith is impossible to please God; this year (and throughout all of my life) I desire to please God -- by exercising genuine faith in Him; to believe Him; to trust Him; to walk (live) by faith and not by sight. Why? Because like Moses I desire to see the glory of God. I desire to see the glory of God on display in my life, in the life of this His church, in this community and in this world. Oh God! Be glorified! This is His mission; I desire to be a part of that mission.

Now, may I get out of the way with "my" will and "my" way; Lord, help my unbelief, may I not sin by not believeing You and trustuing you and obeying you completely. Lord, may this year, this day, this moment, may we behold Your glory and be forever transformed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home