Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Declaring

Psalm 19:1 -- "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork."

I read this morning a quote from John Calvin that every blade of grass is used to bring God glory, and point us to that glory. This is an amazing thought. As I look outside my window, on this clear November day, the skies are indeed declaring God's awesome glory; the falling leaves, in their brilliance and variety, declare God's glory.
Never for me to understand is how God could so love His creation and His creatures. It frightens me to think that I and all of my neighbors will fail to behold and appreciate and give God praise for His awesome handiwork. I fear that we get so caught up in our earthly lives -- acquiring, going, working, stressing, eating -- that we miss so much of what God is declaring.
I pray for eyes to see and ears to hear. I pray that my heart will be filled with the majesty and greatness of God. That I will realize in full that not only does He give me all of this magnificent creation, but He so loved me that He came to me in Jesus Christ and died for my sins that I might know Him personally and have His peace and joy. God is amazing, His love is amazing.
May we join with all nature in manifold witness, how great is our God and all glory be given to Him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home