Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Day of Prayer & Fasting

Yesterday, 19 Feb, was a day of prayer and fasting, a day to call upon God to rend the heavens and come down (Is. 64:1), and send revival to His people here at FBC. In the 10 weeks running up to revival services, I have asked the congregation to take one day a week to fast and pray for revival.
I learned many valuable things yesterday:
* that the flesh is demanding. No wonder that we are told to walk in the Spirit and deny the flesh, not to feed its lusts -- becasue it never gets enough. However, I found that when my flesh was screaming to be fed, I was driven to the Savior. I was reminded of Jesus in the wilderness, when tempted by the Devil to turn the stones into bread, and Jesus responded with the truth that man shall not live by bread alone but by the word of God. Apart from God, we can do NOTHING. I realized afresh that if revival is to come to His people, we must be completely dependent upon Him, surrendered, and looking to Him to send the showers of blessings.
* that God is able to sustain. We don't "need" all that we say we "need." I could make it on a lot less -- less food, less stuff that quickly fades away, and less of ME and what is needed is more, more , more of HIM.

The Lord is working in my heart. I just want to be still and submissive, and see what He is doing and what He wants to do and will do. To Him be the glory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home