Thursday, December 27, 2007

Life Is But A Vapor

Having just celebrated my 37th Christmas, I can conclude it was not like any other and that this one will never be replicated.
I know you might be thinking, "Oh gee I'm sure something really far out happened." Well, no. Life happens, and life is but a vapor. That was realized, and that really changes things for me.
First of all, Rach's dad was there. In that we rejoice and give thanks to the Lord. God has kept him alive. Doctors, several months ago did not hold out much hope. God has given him life, and life is in His hands.
My Dad was there. Battling lymphoma and the wretched effects of chemotherapy, Dad enjoyed his Christmas with his family, in his house. My precious, Godly mother was right there beside him. She, unaware of the battle that she is engaged in, smiled and rejoiced in the "impromptu party" we had. She has Parkinson's disease, and it is taking its toll.
Rach's grandmother and grandfather (maternal) were there too. Her paternal grandmother was not -- for the first time in Rach's life.
Neither of my brother's two wives were there. For years we celebrated with one, and their children; they divorced; then he remarried a woman with 2 girls -- they came for several years, then that was over.
Who will not be there for Christmas 2008? I am not sure. I do know that life can change in an instant. There is a time to be born and a time to die, that I know. There is a time to laugh and there is a time to cry; a time to mourn and a time to dance.
I also know and rest in the One who never changes. Jesus is the same -- yesterday, today and forever. I know that as His child, nothing can separate me from His love. I know that He is my joy, my peace and my hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home