Saturday, January 19, 2008

Let It Snow!

Finally . . . the snow has arrived.

The forecasters have been calling for it . . . but then all kinds of variables had to be in place before we would see it. Now it is coming down pretty good, but none is sticking to anything. I personally feel that it is still too warm. However, "they" say that cold Arctic air is coming down to meet the moisture -- but still not too arctic outside now.

Sticking or not, it is certainly pretty to see falling. Much prettier than freezing rain or sleet.

I would love for it to snow really good, at least 12 inches, someday. The last time we really had that kind of snow we lived in Woodland and JPL was just a baby. He and ZDL have never really had the wonderful opportunities to ride a sled, have a snowball fight or build a cool snowman.

Snow is pretty right after it starts to really bury everything in white. Like my dog's nasty pen, the muddy yard and gray, barren trees. To look out and see all white . . . gorgeous and magical and still. It does something to the soul.

I am reminded of a verse from Scripture, Psalm 51:7:
"Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

Oh the love that our God has lavished upon us -- poor, foul, dirty, wretched sinners. That He would wash us, cleanse us from all our unrighteousness, and make us fit for His glorious presence. Of course, as David says here -- He has to do it. God has to cleanse and wash and make clean, we cannot do it ourselves. Salvation is a gift to be received, not a pass to heaven that we earn, merit or buy.
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home