Thursday, April 10, 2008

What Do We Really Want

As evangelical Christians we may say and pray that God would send a revival, a spiritual awakening, to our nation, our communities, our churches and our lives. But is this what we really want? Is this the desire of our heart?

Usually what people really want they go after. If I say I really want to lose weight, and I am serious about wanting to lose weight, I will do what it takes to lose it -- go on Atkins or whatever.

As a Christian, do I really want to see revival? What am i doing about it? Am I going after it? Am I following the Lord's commands?

Of course I know that revival is a supernatural gift from God, it comes down from heaven. My prayer is that of the prophet Isaiah (64:1) - Oh that You would rend the heavens and come down! Apart from Him we can do --- NOTHING! (John 15:5)

At the same time, He calls us to action. Note that familiar verse in 2 Chronicles 7:14 -- we must, as God's people, turn from our wicked ways and seek His face in humility, "then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

So back to my question, what do we really want? We say revival and awakening. But have we, God's people, forsaken our evil ways and truly sought His face in humility?

Do we want our evil ways more than we want His healing?

1 Comments:

At 1:42 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home