Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I CAN . . ."

Thus begins one of my favorite Bible verses, Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
As we begin this journey with Rachael's dad, added to all that is already going on in our lives, we stand on this promise. God is great. God loves us, we know that NOTHING can separate us from His love -- Romans 8. We rejoice in the Lord, not in circumstances or pain, but in Him knowing that He is perfect, and that His will is perfect and good. My prayer is that through all of this, Christ will be glorified and magnified in all of our lives.
I am reminded of the story of when the disciples asked Jesus about the man born blind (John 9) -- "Whose at fault here? Did this man's parent's sin cause this or this man's sin?" Jesus said "Oh no, but that God would be glorified -- that what He can do would be made known." My prayer is that the glory of God will be displayed.
This great and Godly family needs prayer -- for healing, for strength, for wisdom, for courage.

I also pray that all of the fine and dear folks working SO HARD at VBS will stand on Phil. 4:13. Last night we had a great turnout, and my prayer is that all of these precious children will go away knowing that God loves them so much that He sent His only begotten Son to save them from their sin. VBS is a hard week for workers, but may it be rewarding. May our attitudes be positive, and may we encourage one another. May we keep our eyes on the MAIN THING, and do all things to the Glory of God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home